Windows Azure is the melting point of all services we offer. Whether it is your development environment, test environment or infrastructure, we help you move it all to cloud and avoid the expense and complexity of buying and managing your own physical servers and datacentre infrastructure.
We provide an array of smart choices on managed cloud sources in a cost-effective manner to enhance your business operations. We help you with deeper insights around the customization and design of the below Microsoft products on the Azure cloud hosting platform:
Choose us as your partner for Microsoft Azure implementation/ migration and expect the following:
Managed Services on Azure
- Services for ongoing architecture design
- Personalized expert assistance and recommendations
- Implement/review microsoft best practices
- Certified enterprise architects, solution architects, amplementation specialists to help you migrate to azure cloud platform
- Build custom solution tailored to customer needs
Azure Cloud Governance
- Automated visualization and control using ITCrats governance methodologies, dashboards, charts
- Visibility with near real time insights into usage and utilization
Expanding Windows Azure capabilities to provide Infrastructure as a Service
- Create virtual private networks (VPNs) between On-Premise servers and Windows Azure
- Durable virtual machines with Windows Server or Linux
- Select from a library of images or bring your own
- Enable deployments containing both PaaS and IaaS services
- Support SharePoint, SQL Server & Active Directory within IaaS images
- Hybrid VPN between On-Premise servers and Windows Azure
- Full continuum of offerings
- Planned Upgrade Notification Support
The spring release of Windows Azure Infrastructure as a Service introduces new functionality that allows full control and management of virtual machines along with an extensive virtual networking offering.
Advantages of IaaS
Respond quicker to shifting business conditions
IaaS enables you to quickly scale up resources to accommodate spikes in demand for your application— during the holidays, for example—then scale resources back down again when activity decreases to save money
With the appropriate service agreement, a cloud service provider can provide security for your applications and data that may be better than what you can attain in-house
Gets new apps to users faster
Because you don't need to first set up the infrastructure before you can develop and deliver apps, you can get them to users faster with IaaS
Improves business continuity and disaster recovery
Achieving high availability, business continuity and disaster recovery is expensive, since it requires a significant amount of technology and staff. But with the right service level agreement (SLA) in place, IaaS can reduce this cost and access applications and data as usual during a disaster or outage
As soon as you have decided to launch a new product or initiative, the necessary computing infrastructure can be ready in minutes or hours
Eliminates capital expense and reduces ongoing cost
IaaS sidesteps the upfront expense of setting up and managing an on-site datacenter, making it an economical option for start-ups and businesses testing new ideas
Focus on your core business
IaaS frees up your team to focus on your orgnisation's core business rather than on IT infrastructure
Increase stability, reliability and supportability
With IaaS,there is no need to maintain and upgrade software and hardware or troubleshoot equipment problems. With the appropriate agreement in place, we ensure assures that your infrastructure is reliable and meets SLAs
Enhancing business scenarios with infrastructure as a service
- IaaS provides all the infrastructure to support web apps, including storage, web and application servers and networking resources. Organizations can quickly deploy web apps on IaaS and easily scale infrastructure up and down when demand for the apps is unpredictable
- Big data is a popular term for massive data sets that contain potentially valuable patterns, trends and associations. Mining data sets to locate or tease out these hidden patterns requires a huge amount of processing power, which IaaS economically provides
- Organizations avoid the capital outlay for storage and complexity of storage management, which typically requires a skilled staff to manage data and meet legal and compliance requirements. IaaS is useful for handling unpredictable demand and steadily growing storage needs. It can also simplify planning and management of backup and recovery systems
- High-performance computing (HPC) on supercomputers, computer grids or computer clusters helps solve complex problems involving millions of variables or calculations. Examples include earthquake and protein folding simulations, climate and weather predictions, financial modeling and evaluating product designs
- Teams can quickly set up and dismantle test and development environments, bringing new applications to market faster. IaaS makes it quick and economical to scale up dev-test environments up and down
- Running websites using IaaS can be less expensive than traditional web hosting
Windows Azure Virtual Machines
With support for Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IBM and SAP, Azure Virtual Machines give you the flexibility of virtualization for a wide range of computing solutions—development and testing, running applications and extending your datacenter. It is the freedom of open-source software configured the way you need it. It is as if it was another rack in your datacenter, giving you the power to deploy an application in seconds instead of weeks.
Virtual machines allow you to the option of splitting virtual machine loads across multiple racks in the data center using availability sets.
Adding storage capacity is simple. Either through the portal or PowerShell add up to 16 TBs of storage on an X-Large VM.
Windows Azure Virtual Machines and Virtual Networks support adds the capability to run key server applications and workloads such as Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL Server and most applications that run on a Virtual Machine today.
Virtual Networks provide the capability of connecting two cloud services for direct communication. This enables scenarios such as web and worker roles communicating directory with SQL Server.
Application migration is much simpler. In most cases the app will just run without changes on a virtual machine.
VM to VM Performance (Under ideal test conditions)
|Category||Latency (Round-Trip)||Comment||Network Link Details|
|Inter-VM within a deployment (or deployment deployment with VNET)||0.29 ms||DIP to DIP||Traffic does not flow through the LB|
|Inter-VM crossing a deployment (same region)||0.88 ms||VIP to VIP||Traffic flows through the LB|
Oracle Virtual Machines on Azure
Experience the power of Oracle Linux on Windows Azure to embrace cloud computing with greater choice and flexibility in how to deploy Oracle software. Our partnership brings to you the mission-critical business software of Oracle with the private and public cloud platforms of Microsoft.
Extending support by Oracle for providing certification and support for Oracle applications, middleware, database, Java and Oracle Linux on Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft Azure
Customers can run supported Oracle software on Windows Server Hyper-V and in Microsoft Azure. Developers can now build on properly licensed and fully supported Java and Oracle Linux on Microsoft Azure
Oracle software can be deployed on Microsoft private clouds and Microsoft Azure, as well as Oracle private and public clouds and other supported cloud environments
Increased flexibility and choice in where to deploy applications for Oracle admin or a Java developer
End to end support for customers running Oracle software on Azure. Developers can use existing licenses to run Oracle software on either Microsoft Windows or Oracle Linux on Azure with full support from Oracle
The 6.5 Phases of best Azure Practices
1 Business Understanding - Understand the sensitivity of the application/ system (dev/ prod) moving to
2 Design VNET - Define virtual networks and subnets for hosted services to reside in.
3 Deploy VM's - Deploy Virtual Machine(s). If AD is desired deploy at this stage so remaining VMs can start domain joined.
4 Customize - Use RDP to customize the new persistent VM(s) by installing software, configuring roles etc.
5 Local Dev/Test - Build and test locally using the emulator. Testing live can be achieved by using public endpoints or VPN connectivity.
6 Deploy Service - Specify instance count, virtual network settings and other configuration details. Deploy to a separate hosted service.
6.5 Make Production Ready - If previously opened, close public endpoints to lock down service.
CASE STUDY: POWER BI
About the Company
One of the top 100 universities of the US were working towards improving educational programs. Unlike other top universities, they were facing low endowments and 90 percent of the revenues were coming from tuition. They had both internal and external pressures to reduce overall spending and increase student aid along with managing the rising cost of healthcare for staff.
- They needed the right insights to maintain balance between academic excellence and operational requirements.
- The analytics employees had created hundreds of static reports using legacy tools, and only a few administrators had their own license to create custom reports. Because of the tool’s high cost, our strategy had to be to give the deans and associate deans a license, and that’s it. To get the required insights, people frequently had to export data from reports into Excel spreadsheets and then create their own calculations and visualizations leading to different versions of the truth.
- The university was equipping administrators with the data insights they needed to make strategic decisions about enrollment and understand factors boosting and hindering student success.
- So, instead of restricting the number of users who have access to a custom BI tool and requiring other people to depend on static or manually generated reports, the university provided hundreds of administrators with an easy-to-use data analytics solution based on Microsoft Azure that includes Power BI and Machine Learning.
- The team was now empowered to quickly and easily answer questions with custom reports and dashboards using one shared informational source and a SQL Server data warehouse.
- In addition, the university was also able to improve operational agility, boost data security, accelerate time-to-value, increase staff efficiency, and reduce BI costs by 200 percent.
- In just three months, the data analytics team moved from evaluating Power BI to rolling it out to an initial group of 50 administrators.
- Power BI turned out to be 200 percent less expensive than the university’s existing BI technologies, so it’s affordable enough to facilitate widespread adoption and was being rolled out to anyone who needs it.
- Using Power BI, administrators can explore and augment static reports using the data in the warehouse that they are authorized to view—and create their own reports and dashboards, without manual compilation and analysis.
- By shifting infrastructure to Azure, the university also improves its operational agility. Giving administrators greater insight into trends helps the university improve planning from an academic and IT perspective.
CASE STUDY: AZURE DATA SERVICES
Back-end solution leads from the front with Azure
About the Company
In a market where developers and large enterprises are struggling to make their apps viable, our client, a cloud computing platform service provider offers a comprehensive back-end solution to over 31,000 apps worldwide which are powered by Microsoft Azure. This product built by a developer, for a developer provided a complete back-end solution for a small developer or a large enterprise as onestop shop for mobile, Web, social, SaaS, TV and gaming app developers’ cloud needs.
- The Need to increase the Go To Market time: Apps today are developed for the omni-channel environment, whether it is for mobile, Facebook, etc and need for a platform that can support all channels. This is where our client wanted an edge and cater to large enterprises, while staying true to smaller independent developers.
- Today, only about 1% of apps retain customers and are successful while generating a lot of data to be managed. Actionable analysis becomes more crucial than ever when you consider that a customer today cannot be directed to buy only on one device and there needs to be a continuous flow of information and tracking.
- Microsoft Datacenter on Azure, later followed by the launch of India datacenter enhanced this experience (the continuous flow of information, from one device to another, making it far more responsive and minimizing latency issues.
- The client ran a map reducer bundle on Azure to get the user data in real time and provide it to the marketer. These actionable analytics helped developers with what actions to take, to retain and even retrieve users.
- With the help of geo tagging, a customer can be given an offer, based on his or her location to enhance engagement. This solution, for which Azure provides all the infrastructure needs performed amazingly well in creating this seamless omnichannel experience.
Unparalleled support: Leveraged Azure’s big data solutions to get the real-time user data,
which it further supplies to marketers. Azure provided all the infrastructure needs/service.
Responsiveness: The launch of Indian DC resolved all latency issues that the client’s customers face. Additionally, its presence on the India datacenter will eliminate concerns and regulatory restrictions regarding data sovereignty. Business growth: Association with the Microsoft brand also helped increase sales leads for the customer. Their exposure at the international level was also boosted with the opportunity to present their products at various Microsoft BFSI sales meets.